Thank you for your interest in the Quaker Virtual Choir project.
We shall be performing George Fox in unison and Truth’s a Seed in 4 parts.
If you would like to participate this is what you will need:
- A temporarily quiet room with no background noise
- A computer capable of playing music through headphones rather than its internal speaker
- A smartphone or other device (eg. iPad or other tablet) capable of recording your voice. On an iPhone this could just be via the Memo app. On an Android phone you might use the Voice Recorder app. You don’t need anything fancy.
- Equally, you might have 2 computers or 2 phones or a tablet and a phone or 2 tablets – it doesn’t matter so long as you have 2 devices one of which is capable of playing music through headphones and one on which you can record your voice.
Then this is what you will need to do:
- (Optional) Join us at a Zoom rehearsal on Wednesday, May 5th at 7.30pm – 9.00pm (BST – UTC+1)
- Practise singing along to the tracks until you feel you can record each of them in 1 take
- Make sure the room you are in is as quiet as possible – there should be no talking or background sounds
- (Here’s the slightly tricky bit) – Play one of the guide tracks on your computer using headphones to listen to it while simultaneously singing along to it and recording your performance on a phone, tablet or other device. The important thing is to ensure that only the sound of your voice gets recorded, not the guide track.
- Listen to you recording. Make sure it’s not a) distorted or b) too quiet. If it is you may need to try again with the device nearer or further away.
- Email your recordings to: email@example.com. You may need to send each recording in a separate message as the files can be quite large.
- Join us for a second Zoom session on Wednesday, June 9th from 7.30pm – 9.00pm (BST – UTC+1) when we will make a video recording of everybody singing to the audio recording you have made. Please note that this session is to record the video only. You should have uploaded your tracks before this session takes place.
If you would like to take part please decide whether you want to sing both songs or just one of them and complete the registration form:
Then click here to record your part in the George Fox Song:George Fox Song Project
And/or click here to record your part in the Truth’s a Seed:Truth's a Seed Song Project
We really hope you’ll want to take part and look forward to hearing you!Back to the Beginning