Truth’s a Seed is in 4 parts. If you are not a reader of music you might find this a bit more challenging but hopefully the guide tracks below will make the task fairly straightforward. Make sure that you sing a part which is comfortable for your voice. People with low voices are asked not to sing the tune an octave lower.
A reminder of what you need to do:
- (Optional) Join us at a Zoom rehearsal on Wednesday, May 9th at 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Practise singing along to the tracks until you feel you can record each of them in 1 take
- Make sure the room you are in is as quiet as possible – there should be no talking or background sounds
- (Here’s the slightly tricky bit) – Play one of the guide tracks on your computer using headphones to listen to it while simultaneously singing along to it and recording your performance on to a phone, tablet or other device. The important thing is to ensure that only the sound of your voice gets recorded, not the guide track.
- Email your recordings to: email@example.com. You may need to send each recording in a separate message as the files can be quite large.
- Join us for a second Zoom session on Wednesday, June 10th from 7.30pm – 9.00pm when we will make a video recording of everybody singing to the audio recording you have made
The music and lyrics sheets can be viewed or downloaded here:Truth's a Seed Lyrics and Sheet Music
The audio guide tracks can be played here:
or you can download the tracks here:Truth's a Seed Audio Tracks
Guide tracks performed by Nia Coleman and Andy Jones (Beamish)Back to the Beginning