The George Fox song will be sung in unison – there are no harmony parts except at the very end of each chorus and even these are optional – guidance will be given at the first Zoom rehearsal. Just sing the tune at your own pitch.
A reminder of what you need to do:
- (Optional) Join us at a Zoom rehearsal on Wednesday, May 9th at 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Practise singing along to the tracks until you feel you can record each of them in 1 take
- Make sure the room you are in is as quiet as possible – there should be no talking or background sounds
- (Here’s the slightly tricky bit) – Play one of the guide tracks on your computer using headphones to listen to it while simultaneously singing along to it and recording your performance on to a phone, tablet or other device. The important thing is to ensure that only the sound of your voice gets recorded, not the guide track.
- Email your recordings to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may need to send each recording in a separate message as the files can be quite large.
- Join us for a second Zoom session on Wednesday, June 10th from 7.30pm – 9.00pm when we will make a video recording of everybody singing to the audio recording you have made
The music and lyrics sheets can be viewed or downloaded here:George Fox Lyrics and Sheet Music
The audio guide tracks can be played here:
Or you can download the tracks here:
Guide tracks performed by Nia Coleman and Andy Jones (Beamish)Back to the Beginning